Tuesday, November 20, 2007

FINDING FOREVER TODAY

I give thanks for my life's blessing, little or big. For all I have I wish to remember to be thankful and keep my complains to a minimal. I already know as i type this just how hard a feat this is since with every disappointment, every failure I go through I have to hurl out my fair share of "F bombs" not many as i an not very fond of the word. (goddamn it is my poison word of choice..) before i remember to be thankful for anything else. But truly as I wind down my day, I intend to take account, remember to be thankful and gracious, try to see where i erred and pray to do better tomorrow. Remember to let each days experience humble me.

Days are winding down and the New Year is inching in.. OK maybe not inching in. The new year is fast approaching and yes I do have my resolutions and my wants for a better new year. Now I realise that the 1st of January is just another day and I try each year to look at it just as another tomorrow, granted that somehow it is declared the beginning of another year.

As I reminisce the past year looking forward to this new blessing that I acknowledge many will not have the chance to experience, I think of my forever, whatever that means....

As the year comes to an end
A new one begins, I look back
I review my goals and set new ones
I try to resolve my looming issues
Repent my transgressions and pray
That hopefully this new year
will bear a better tomorrow
Hopefully this new year
I will evolve a better me
Hopefully this new year
I will pray more, adhere more
Listen more, act more and talk less
This new year, I will sow better seeds
This new year....

This forever that I yearn for. This continual bliss, success... This forever will be a certain one that no matter how and when tomorrow comes, I will be ready. In all fairness, I don't even know what being ready means, so whatever concept of ready that my brain, my heart and soul can master. That is the Forever I want, a simple way of appreciating the limitlessness of whats in my reach. I pray to find Forever Today, so that today I will love limitlessly, I will thank limitlessly, I will be so grateful for today. Truly, Forever is unknown to any of us so I pray to live today like it is my forever and not have to wait for the new year.

Think of this...

As morning breaks,
Comes the promise of a new day
With each challenge
With each triumph
The day urges on
And as the clock ticks away
And morning turns to afternoon
Afternoon to evening
Evening to night
Then what will you have to say of your day
Productive as it may be?

No comments: