Thursday, November 1, 2007

PEACE

The war is ongoing.. why it started, no one knows; just that someone told them/us that we had a reason to go to war. This constant battle,over boundaries that no one really owns, over religions that some man declared and is trying to dictate. Who wins? Who actually decides when its won? What is the criteria for winning? What about the losers? Isnt is ironic to fight a homeless man with an assault rifle, when even a days meal is far out of reach for him? What chance does he stand to win... Is this already predetermined?

Despite the strong desire to stay neutral. I think and I am unable, i lean on both sides depending on the day or the happennings around me. Acknowledging that we all beleive in some supreme being. Why not then have the right, why not then of our own volition decide the intensity with which to beleive? Ok.. as impossible as it seems we all have one goal. We all look forward to peace, for our souls, for our lives, for our families, for the countries to which we pledge alliance. Even with our religions, we all look forward to a day when peace is tangible. Even in death, we all wish for peace....


What is peace,
With the world wrapped up in war
What is peace
With continents in a mayhem of hate
What is peace
With neighbors in constant combat
What is peace
With our hearts in unbridled turmoil

If only I could see
If only we could see
Beyond our turmoil
Maybe then
I could say hallo to my neighbor
Maybe then
I would travel the continents
With an openness of mind and heart
Maybe then
I would view the world with hope
Maybe then, just maybe then
I would reach out

If only I would open my eyes
I would see with an open heart
I would see that like me
My neighbor hurts
My country grieves
The continent wishes
The world hopes
That peace is tangible

Peace is our hearts
Engrossed in liking
Overwhelmed with receiving
Earthed by acceptance
Peace is love

No comments: